Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Saving Face

Last week was picture day for Aydan. Naturally I remembered this after she had left for school with a startling bright yellow shirt and questionable hair. After lamenting for a moment, the solution became clear- make Rich go to the school and change her clothes. I mean, what teacher/office gal is going to bat an eye at a Dad having to change his kid's clothes? A mom is another story...So sweet Rich headed over with a change of clothes and hair accessories. The principal, some teachers, and the office lady were all there and applauded his efforts except that we were 10 minutes too late--Aydan had just had her picture taken!! All of that cajoling on my part for nothing....well, there's always the make-up pictures (which is written prominently on the calendar)!

8 comments:

  1. That is what school picture day is all about. Bright colored tee's and questionable hair. too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. Bad school pictures make funnier memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was funny because I was totally playing up the poor Dad act, and the staff just ate it right up.

    It was almost a shame I didn't get to dress Aydan and try to fix her hair, that would have probably become a school legend....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! That really would be a school legend..."Do you remember when that poor dad came in and..." But you know, even with your efforts I bet they're still talking about it. Way to go! Erika is a genius.

    And who knows...her picture may turn out super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She has such a pretty face it really doesn't matter what she wears!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome :) You both get an A for Valiant effort! You should buy the yellow shirt proof just because the story is so funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So funny! I can totally picture Rich doing this and Erika talking him into it! Hey, did you guys ever make it over to my blog? Rumor has it some people can't get in anymore and I know I haven't had any witty comments from you two.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erika!
    I have to start off with PLEASE Don't HATE ME! I loose my cell like everyday! I never know where it is. Please I did send your clothes with Ryan when he went to Raleigh but they forgot to load it in the car! OOPS! So give you give me your address i'll be more than happy to send it to you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: comments will be moderated and approved before being posted.