Wednesday, March 5, 2008

quick update

Hi folks! I'm actually at work right now trying to get caught up on a few things, so real quick. The preliminary results from the EEG monitoring show that Erika had 8 seizures last night during her sleep. She doesn't remember them, but she did wake up this morning with a little bit of a regression in her speech and memory. They are adding a new anti-seizure medication called Zepra (sp?) to go along with her Dylantin. They are monitoring her again for the 24 hours. If she stays seizure free, she should be able to come home soon. (hopefully Thursday)

7 comments:

  1. Hey rich that is a great medicine. Many of my clients that I worked with had seizure disorders and this particular medicine has a really high success rate. Fingers crossed love you, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich, I just checked your blog and have been reading for the past half hour. I'm so sorry you all are going through this. Jeff is at Duke, but he has a cold and isn't allowed to see patients. You're in our prayers. We live near the hospital if you ever need to drop the kids off for a while. Let us know if we can help. PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to let you know that we're still here reading your updates and praying that everything continues to get better and better. Glad to hear that Erika is sounding more like herself. We're still ready and willing to help if you need it. (Hayden just learned about armpit farts, so if we got to hang around your kids, I know we'd be a great influence on them ... you know, class, culture, that kind of thing)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thursday, Thursday, Thursday, Thursday, Thursday, Thursday, Thursday, Thursday, Thursday.... we will send the Thursday hospital release vibe from Cali.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rich,
    I've been keeping up with what is going on thru your blog and Bud. I have been praying for all of you and hope Erika continues to improve. If you see that I could be of help to Erika, yourself or the kids let me know. I can travel to Durham or Cary - no problem.
    Terri Kuczyski

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait till Thursday! Seizures be gone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rich and Erika!

    Do you guys need food or anything? I can make a mean casserole. I even make nice ones. We're in Greenville so I can't do so much other stuff but I sure wish we could do something. Tell Erika we love her (and we love you, too.) You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: comments will be moderated and approved before being posted.