Thursday, February 28, 2008

Top Ten Things about having a Craniotomy:

This is from Erika's bedside, and a joint list:
  1. Automatic weight loss program (don't even think about it Sara!)
  2. New toiletries and pajamas
  3. If you get your anniversary wrong, no one can hold it against you. (I asked Erika this after surgery and she said June first, but got it right a few minutes later. And, yes I know - cut her some slack!)
  4. Ginger Ale on the rocks
  5. Get to talk to people you've been out of touch with for a long time.
  6. Excellent ice breaker story
  7. Permission to read trashy magazine of choice (People)
  8. Someone else will do the laundry for a change
  9. The TSA will always have a candidate for a full pat-down thanks to the titanium plate.
  10. Automatic acceptance to Extreme Hair makeover: Craniotomy Edition
Oh yeah, just had to put this one for fun cause Erika has been quoting it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BANkMaLJaY4&feature=related
(It's not a tumor - from Kindergarden Cop)

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that Erika is doing well - you gotta love the ginger ale.

    Another plus is:

    "Honey, I can't - I have a headache.." is irrefutable now.....

    We continue to keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pictures...you look fantastic Erika! I love your top 10!Thinking of you:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Ray - now I want to have a brain surgery too so I can tell Randall that I have a headache. He already shows up with a bottle of excedrin in anticipation of my nightly headaches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rich you have had such a wonderful attitude about this struggle. You two are wonderful at always finding the silver lining! Love you. PS my mom is very happy to help thanks for asking!XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if you can send prayers retrospectively, but I will if that's possible. We didn't know Erika was going in for surgery, but it sounds like everything has gone well so far. You guys are blessed to have each other and such sweet children to complete the picture. You are in our thoughts and prayers now for sure. Erika, I agree with Rich - you are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Erika'isms and that you both are able to keep a sense of humor and put out a top ten list. Erika, not too many people can pull off the turbin look AND the Darth Maul look. You did it beautifully! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look beautiful as always. We are so glad that everything has gone well so far. Please know that we are praying for you daily! Call Becky or Aunt Carol if you need any more help or food. They're good cooks!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: comments will be moderated and approved before being posted.