I really had to bargain with the nurse to be able to take these, so they were taken with my smartphone camera. Quality is okay I guess. I'm sure all of you just want to see her.
Here is Erika in her ICU room. They think she will stay there tonight, and be moved to another hospital room tomorrow at some point.
She was up and awake and fairly alert. She was heavily sedated, but recognized all of us and could remember our names and everything... :) Unfortunately, because of a huge problem here at the hospital, only 2 primary care visitors are able to enter the room. So, Bud and I were given that honor and visited with Erika a few times this afternoon. Sorry to Mom, Dad, and Gwen that had to sit in the waiting room and not be able to come back. Erika was able to eat and drink, and the nurses are so enthralled with working with Erika. Erika's key phrases that the nurses love:
I went to a family support discussion group for about an hour and met some of the other families whose loved ones are in the ICU and are undergoing brain surgery recovery as well. That was a little difficult, but healthy and so nice to meet others going through the same thing. I was able to relax a little bit and allow my emotions to surface, although involuntarily. I'm pretty emotional at the moment, so probably won't be doing a lot of phone calling today. I am going to go home and sleep at the house tonight, because I've been told its really important that I not get sick - and so sleep is kind of crucial.
I may make one more post today after we meet with the doctor. Thanks for reading and commenting guys. Lots of love. - Rich
She was up and awake and fairly alert. She was heavily sedated, but recognized all of us and could remember our names and everything... :) Unfortunately, because of a huge problem here at the hospital, only 2 primary care visitors are able to enter the room. So, Bud and I were given that honor and visited with Erika a few times this afternoon. Sorry to Mom, Dad, and Gwen that had to sit in the waiting room and not be able to come back. Erika was able to eat and drink, and the nurses are so enthralled with working with Erika. Erika's key phrases that the nurses love: - That would be fantastic if you could please give me some drugs for pain.
- Can I have some more Ginger Ale? That would be super.
I went to a family support discussion group for about an hour and met some of the other families whose loved ones are in the ICU and are undergoing brain surgery recovery as well. That was a little difficult, but healthy and so nice to meet others going through the same thing. I was able to relax a little bit and allow my emotions to surface, although involuntarily. I'm pretty emotional at the moment, so probably won't be doing a lot of phone calling today. I am going to go home and sleep at the house tonight, because I've been told its really important that I not get sick - and so sleep is kind of crucial.I may make one more post today after we meet with the doctor. Thanks for reading and commenting guys. Lots of love. - Rich
Erika - you look gorgeous! Really, maybe because finally you are getting some well-deserved rest :) I am so glad everything went well. And don't let them skimp out on GingerAle - that stuff is awesome, for some reason it always tastes better at the hospital and on planes. Get some rest and don't think about anything but getting better.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad to hear that the surgery went well. Only Erika could come up with "fantastic" and "super" after brain surgery! That's what makes her so special. Pass my love on to her...
ReplyDeleteI would expect nothing less than "Gorgeous" of Erika, even after brain sugery! What a trooper! Give her big slobbery kisses from the Kiggins!MUAH!!!
ReplyDelete