For those of you that know me well, the fact that this post is titled Backpacking the Appalachian Trail probably made you take pause. While being outdoorsy is something that I admire in others, it is just not a part of who I am. My sweet friend Heather talked me into doing a three day backpacking excursion in Tennessee for fun. For. Fun. I agreed-with some serious cajoling on Rich's part. We practiced every morning hiking around the local lake with toddlers and extra weights on our backs.
We carried our big packs, camping and hiking through beautiful, challenging, and sometimes just plain interesting scenery. And it was actually, wait for it.....fun! Not bad for a first time, not so outdoorsy gal who was completely talked into this by her sweet talking friend and husband!
This little bridge is near the end of the trail before you get to a highway. It was so strange to step out into the real world and see cars rushing by after a few days of such peace and quiet.



Was this trip w/out kiddies???? Sounds fun...but strangely scary.
ReplyDeleteIt was without kiddos-I think that it would have been too strenuous for their little bodies. It was fun-but I will admit to being terrified of bears-haha!
ReplyDeleteI am finally catching up on reading blogs!! It WAS so fun! :D I am so so glad you came!! And you were an awesome hiker/camper. There is an outdoorswoman hiding within. Let her out, let her out! :D
ReplyDelete