The New Year has found me attempting to make resolutions and coming back to some of my favorite things- reading and, as the temperatures continue to drop, thinking about spring. We seem to have fallen off of the blogging wagon, but now that the kiddos are back in school (it was a weepy week for my little kindergartner), we're off and running.
And for those of you who are dreaming of spring and summer and being warm, I have found a great community garden in Apex. It is called the Simple Gifts Community Garden and is run by such a delightful group of people that you can't help but want to dig in the dirt. It costs $10 (!!) per family to join and you only have to work one hour per month in order to take as much produce home as you and your family can eat. If you're interested, check out the website at www.simplegiftsgarden.org. I am looking forward to April already...
Maybe next time, I will have figured out how to download pictures onto a new computer- wait, is that a resolution? Number one- learn to use the computer without resorting to calling Rich in a panic.
Oh fun. We have similar resolutions. I also am joining a community garden and I'm so excited about it. I think we have to go weekly though. I'm just hoping they don't kick us out after they realize how much produce my kids eat!
ReplyDeleteseriously? community garden? I think we officially found the reason to move to Raleigh.
ReplyDeleteSo we watched Julie and Julia last night after the kids were in bed and we were totally drooling over the things she was making! A fun rental that made me also want to read Julia Child's cookbook if only to make that chocolate cake and that creamy strawberry dessert thing we saw :)
ReplyDeleteHave you tried any recipes yet?!
Wow I wish we had a similar community garden, that sounds great! And that french book also sounds very delicious. I love reading cookbooks!
ReplyDelete