Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Miles and the broken collarbone

Miles took a fall off a couch at Granny's house on Sunday night and he seemed hurt right away. No adults were nearby when it happened, so I don't exactly know how he landed. But, when I picked him up under his arms, he started crying again, and so we figured he must have gotten hurt somehow. He had a hard time sleeping, and still telling us his neck hurt - so Erika took him in. The doctor suspected hairline fracture in his collarbone, and sure enough - broken left collarbone! And, to make it even worse, since Erika is pregnant she couldn't even go with him in the x-ray room! The staff and doctors and everything were terrific though and he came away with at least 15 stickers all over him and his "backpack".

Miles has a soft "splint"(backpack as he calls it) to wear for two weeks, then back to the doctor for a checkup. The doc says he will heal up just fine.

Poor guy!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. SO cute with the backpack. Hope he is feeling much better and that the pain is much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks very cute. I hope it's not too painful for him. But...pregnant?!! I'm sure I haven't missed a post. There's no announcement. What a surprise! Congrats!! We're extremely happy for you. Oh, and LOVE your Christmas pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A true henderson, breaking bones so early. Sorry Erika- it is the henderson genes. HAHAHLOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you snuck the "pregnant" comment. I think many underestimate the power of your sneakiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed with "Beach Henderson", you snuck that comment in. Congratulations! I wondered when that was happening b/c of the last time I talked with you and Rachel. Sorry about Miles. I hope he feels better and can get back to his normal self once the splint if off.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm... Erika did let me know last night that was not yet public information!!!!

    :)

    We've had a few setbacks in the past, so we are always nervous about telling folks. But, I guess the cats out of the bag now!

    Preliminary due date July 11th. Erika is feeling much better this month than last and the baby seems to be doing great. Another check at OB tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Leighanna - those were from a fun family trip to Myrtle Beach for a weekend.

    @Karla - Yes, Yes - I am very very sneaky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the unintended announcement! And, the world of boys is just beginning .... glad he's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. man I had to wear one of those things when I broke my collar bone too-- not fun- poor little guy...Congrats on the pregnancy, hoping everything goes great!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: comments will be moderated and approved before being posted.