Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Update on EEG

UPDATE: Erika appears to have a "slow spot" around the area where the tumor was removed, and Dr. Radke doesn't seem convinced that coming off the Lamictal would be 100% free from the possibility of seizures. So, he would prescribe that if she came off, she not drive for 6 weeks and have very limited driving for the next 3 months after that. So, we are not sure that the time is right for 6 weeks of no driving. Maybe after the kids are both riding the bus to and from school it will make more sense to try coming off the medication.

By "slow spot", I mean that there seems to be some minor irregular brain activity around the area where the tumor was - and that only makes logical sense given that part of the brain was just cut out! Erika is still as quick-witted as usual, and we love her for it!

And here are some recent pictures.... Becky's wedding, fun in the sun, and Easter egging....





6 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing - and thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they should think of a different name than "slow spot." I can vouch for Erika's quick wit ;) That would be difficult not to drive for 6 weeks, let us know if the time becomes right and we can go grocery shopping together or run errands so you don't go bonkers Erika!

    Beautiful pics guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot, I love the new background too, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh, not driving for 6 weeks is ROUGH!! teri's been doing it for about 2 months and is now kinda getting used to being chauffeured everywhere.
    instead of thinking you're not able to drive, you should think of it as you don't have to drive. the queen has a chauffeur, why shouldn't you?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great, I can't say I have a slow spot anymore. I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Using the words "slow spot" and Erika in the same sentence seems like an oxymoron.

    Your family is growing so fast. They are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: comments will be moderated and approved before being posted.