Things have been more than a little bit nutty around here this week- and it's only Wednesday! Needless to say, Rich and I have certainly gotten our jollies out of (most of) these.
Here is a sampling of all of the fun that we have had in only 3 days:
- I took the kids to the library where Miles proceeded to scream bloody murder nearly the entire time we were there. As we were checking out, the librarian mentioned that we had a hold at another library. I told her that's where we usually go to get books. She then says, "Does your child scream at the Cary library too, because it sure is piercing." Eek. I don't think that we'll be going to that branch again anytime soon.
- Aydan has been telling folks that we like to eat "tobacco juice" at our house. That would be "tabasco sauce..."
- I had to call poison control because Miles sampled a plug in. All is well- no harm done!
- The girls sampled the top layer of Dad and Gwenn's saved wedding cake that was in the freezer. They denied it and then finally fessed up. Nibble, nibble little mousie...
- And then this morning, the police came to our door because apparently Miles had called 911. The officer proceeded to ask Rich if he had ever been here before because "the house looks familiar."
hahaha - I so tried to grab the phone from Miles and end the call before it rang in. The police officer was like, "Is everything okay in there?" 'Yes, Officer, our 1 year old was playing with the phone and must have dialed in.' "Oh? Your 1 year old knows how to dial 911 then?"
ReplyDelete(whispering to Erika) *Quick honey, hide the bodies.
Nice. My baby called 911 once. I was on my way out, so the cops followed us to the parking lot like we were on a perp walk.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Holy rude librarian, Batman!
Too funny!! It's hard for me to picture your sweet family getting into so much trouble.
ReplyDeleteI don't understand how some librarians can be so insensitive to their most loyal patrons--don't children make up, like, 80% of library patronage? (This statistics is not reliable)
I'm so happy to hear that my family isn't the only one with the 911 calls! Come to think of it, the police did wait at the end of the street for a while- maybe he was checking our story. I think that the mean librarian is due for some bad karma....
ReplyDeleteOh the screeching kids at the library, the mysteriously disappering cake, kids saying things that incriminate the family, are all to familiar.
ReplyDeleteThis post is hilarious!
this is so funny, I think if I were Rich at the door facing the police I would just balk under pressure and say: "what call are you talking about?"
ReplyDeleteWow! That IS quite an eventful week!! Holy smokes.
ReplyDeletePerhaps the librarian is ulta sensitive to noise after sitting in the quiet for so long. ;) I agree Melissa, how rude.
And of course, of all the buttons on the phone - what are the odds!
Erika -- Some girls are already planning to go see Twilight in December sometime (we discussed our husbands lack of enthusiasm to see it in the theatre) if it gives you any incentive to read the first book before then. :)
Good plan Carine- I think that the next time the police come to the door we might try that!
ReplyDeleteThanks Heather- I suppose that I had just better go ahead and read the books!