That said, I'm playing Mr. Mom for the next 5 days and taking a few days off from work. It's been pretty hectic for the first day, here are the lowlights:
- Fix the girls hair - Aydan wants pigtails and when I finish them I notice that they are completely crooked. I say, "Hey Aydan, when we get to basketball camp, let me fix that one pigtail that is crooked." Her answer, "that's okay Dad, I like being different." hahaha!! I just said, you know Aydan I like being different too. Regan wanted a braid on the side of her hair. Not knowing how in the world to do it, I gave it my best shot. It looked horrible and she wore it like that all day long.
- Forget Aydan's snack and water bottle at home (go back two spaces and lose a turn)
- Miles blows out his diaper and stains his hunky monkey outfit
- Forget my phone at home (go back one space)
- Regan colors with marker all over the kitchen table and her arm (lose a turn)
- Forget Miles' shoes at home (go back one space)
- Miles takes a spill at the park and scrapes nose and forehead (One "that pitiful guy" look from the 25 moms that just witnessed my 14 month old wiping out and screaming)
Looking forward to the rest of the experience!!
I love it. You'll do a fabulous job, I'm sure. Your first day flying solo was fun though, eh? The next five days will be full of great memories with the kids and "I love Erika" moments. Hope Erika has fun!
ReplyDeleteHEHEHEHEHe! Mr. Mom, I think every dad should experience that sometime. Troy has been experiencing it that last few weeks while I have been on "modified" bedrest and he says it is hard. Now i know we don't have as many kids as you but i still laugh! Good luck Rich!
ReplyDeleteJill
PS I want to see Erika while she is out here but I am about to go into labor. I can feel it coming.
ohhhh, maybe I need a vacation too. I'll have to tell Scott about this one! I'm always thinking of what to make for dinner at about 3, but then we usually head off to the pool and end up with leftovers! Have fun..I am sure the kids will love having lots of daddy time! Apparently I wasn't good enough today and Livie and Drew were both crying for their dad all afternoon. (Maybe they were scared we'd have leftovers again..)
ReplyDeleteLOL!!! :) Great playback!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, we are so impressed. What a great gift for Erika!! I'm with you Angie...getting a few ideas.
Second, we think the fact that you are attempting to braid hair gives you extra credit points (take two steps forward) and ending day one with a positive, reflective attitude (take three steps forward)!
Hang in there Mr. Mom! I am sure you'll finish with flying colors! Can't wait to hear about all the fun you're having Erika :)
Whatever, dude! You gave your wife a vacation from all the hair braiding and dinner making. You win the game!
ReplyDeleteway to hold the fort! I think Erika had a great time here. It will be your turn next, for an all guy ski vacation Randall is planning (or I am planning on his behalf...)
ReplyDelete