Friday, March 7, 2008

RELEASE the prisoner!

Hi all you nice people. Erika had one small seizure last night while she slept, but she did not lose much speech functionality at all and did extremely well on her neurological tests this morning. They expect to receive the pathology report sometime today, but again - they are 85% sure this was a low-grade 1 or 2 tumor - which means they usually declare those benign and do not require any additional treatment. They have no reason to believe that it is cancerous. I'll post when I hear something on this.

But, on a positive note: They are sending her home! This is terrific news, and we are all very relieved. I've had to do quite a bit of work the last few days, including a 1/2 nighter last night till 4am. It'll be nice to actually sleep in a real bed beside my lovely wife and be able to cook meals, etc. Can't believe this is our 9th day in the hospital. Aimee arrived from UT last night, and I'm not sure if she knows what she's gotten herself into by agreeing to stay at our house and help out....

I know I've said this before, but our hearts are really overflowing with gratitude towards all of you visiting here and those who have helped and offered to help. Thank you.

Let the celebrations begin!!!

10 comments:

  1. GREAT NEWS!! MAYBE NOW YOU CAN FINALLY GET THE REST YOU BOTH SO DESPERATELY NEED.

    SO GLAD ERIKA'S DOING BETTER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Home again, home again, Jiggity-jig!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news!! Glad to hear it--it will be good for you to be home where you belong:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOORAY! We are so excited for you both. We hope you both get your rest and that Erika continues her progress in the comfort of her own home. But you know Rich, Erika will have some extra time as she relaxes around the house and that "Honey Do List" may get pretty long! ;)

    Love you!
    Leighanna and Adam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent! We are so happy for you guys. We'll keep checking in to make sure you guys are doing okay!

    Please email or call if there is anything you can think that you might even remotely need or want.

    Love,
    David, Rhonda, Amber & Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news! I'll do the happy dance for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear that Erika is headed home! I know the kids will be happy to see mom at home. I can't believe you were there 9 days! I sure wish I could offer some sort of help, but I'm thinking of you guys!! I hope you all get some good rest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats guys!!! I hope all goes well when she gets home.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's Great to hear! WOO HOO! We're so happy to hear that things are on the mend. Hopefully, Erika, you'll heal faster in the comfort of your own home.
    Love to all of you.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: comments will be moderated and approved before being posted.