Hey this is much- very the funny. I love the same. Rich is very making me nuts - trying . I cant.
*Erika wanted to type some and make her own post. She wanted to say that she loved reading the blog comments, and it is funny and great and she loves it. I'm driving her crazy, because I am telling the nurses that she is having seizures (she becomes unresponsive for 10-45 seconds, and her jaw twitches), and she is mad at me because she doesn't recognize or remember them. Also, it's just one more obstacle before being able to go home. We spent some time this morning reading through the blog this morning and all of the comments. Thanks guys!! Although she had to have help remembering who everyone is, it was very uplifting for her.
She is still doing extremely well today. She got up and ate a great breakfast, brushed her teeth, took a little sponge bath, and put on her new jammies that her friends bought for her. She feels much more like herself today. They have said that Erika won't be coming home until the seizures stop. Good news is that the bleeding seems to be going away, and the fever is gone. Unfortunately, the seizures create more swelling, and the swelling causes more seizures - so it's kind of a vicious cycle. They are going to monitor for a longer period of time on EEG today increase seizure medication.
If anyone would like to visit the hospital while she is here for a few more days, that might be okay in groups of 2. They are very cautious about visitors with flu outbreaks, so if you have a cold it would not be a good idea. Please let me know via comment/email/phone and I'll help arrange it.
Thanks all. Rich

Hi Rich and Erika,
ReplyDeleteWe're all glad for the progress and hoping the seizures stop soon. We're keeping you in our prayers. Isaiah would love for Regan to come play any afternoon this week.
Cyndi and the boys
Erika, you look so hott in those pj's! I always feel like a new woman in sexy silky jammies! I'm glad that everything is progressing. We love you so much and can't wait to hear that your able to go home!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, don't be too hard on Rich, if it wasn't for him we would all be bombarding your room with visits and constant phone calls....I'm sure a non stop ringing of a phone your ear would do wonders for those siezures!
MUAH!!!
Can you email me, or post an address where I can send something for Erika to?
ReplyDeletecakiggins@yahoo.com
Hello, I am very grateful for the blog. My family gives ya'll lots of love. I miss you guys, I am glad you are progressing, even though it might be slower than desired. Annie did a great job picking out those PJ's, I did need to give credit to Jill and Sherrie for some contribution as well. Special shout out. Your hair looks great, can't even see the bald spot, unless you are wearing a wig, then oops. hahahah, take care, I will see you soon
ReplyDeleteNice PJ's Erika! I love them. And I guess the only cool thing about hospital is the bed that can sit you up-right. I hope the seizure will stop soon. And you do have a very nice husband, may I say that. We love hearing all the updates. How did we ever communicate in pre-blog era?
ReplyDeleteWe are grateful for your improvement this week!!! You are in our prayers. We love you and your family.
ReplyDeleteThe Andersons
We hope that you are doing well. We have all been praying for you. Beth made you a card yesterday all on her own. I hope that you get feeling better soon and get to go home.
ReplyDeleteMim
Rich and Erika!
ReplyDeleteI found your blog through one of those crazy Blog chains, BrainJail, then Rachels...blah blah blah. I have been checking yours out every now and then and I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers out here in Boise....I hope you have a speedy recovery...
Much Love
Liz Kieffer Millard, from the TreeHouse,Raleigh NC Fall 1999
There are only a few people who can pull of the post brain surgery look so beautifully. You are definitely one of them!
ReplyDeleteKYIOTAP (kee-yo-tap)
Sara
You know (Keeping You I Our Thoughts And Prayers)
Lame I know, but I just couldn't help myself.
Just to clarify, you fall in the beautiful post brain surgery category :)
ReplyDeleteYou look spiffy in those pj's Erika! I sure wish I lived close enough to come say hi! I'm glad for the progress and glad that Erika was up to typing a little (and eating and bathing..). Love ya!
ReplyDeleteErika and Rich, We are keeping up with all that is happening in your swingin' new hot spot. Brooke and I are reading the Blog right now. We agree with the other comments made regarding the hot pj look! Wow, Erika now it's a proven fact that you look good in anything, all the time! We hope you continue to feel better and better. I want to tell you what a sweet little guy you have. (Yes, Rich you're sweet too but I'm speaking of your son). I watched him last week just for a few hours and came home and told Steve that I was going to LOVE being a Grandma. He is absolutely near perfect! You and Rich are awesome parents. Anytime you need someone to watch the kids I would love to. Brooke was mad that she had to go to school that day and couldn't stay home and play with Miles. (Myles?)Aimee is anxious to get here and get her hugs from her cute nieces and nephew. We'll check in again...just wanted you to know we are thinking of you! Love, Cheryl Bodhaine
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHey guys! We found your blog! We've all been thinking about you and praying for you all. I'm sure you will be up and about before you know it... Rich. Anyone knows that Erika can tire out the most vigorous person! Oh, and I'm sure Erika will be up soon too!
ReplyDeleteRhonda and I were talking about when we had the musical shared family home evening. We still have pictures of that which we love to look and laugh at.
Rhonda especially enjoyed watching you, Erika, play the flute and dance around with Ayden.
We'll have to do it again soon! Take care and Erika, try to go easy on Rich!
Love- David, Rhonda, Amber & Brittany
Hi everyone!! This is incredible! Thank you so much for commenting and for all those that just like to read it. Erika is still doing well, although the EEG is causing a great deal of pain. They had to attach the sensors right along her incision, and to do that they have to press and rub around a bit.
ReplyDeleteErika is alert and eating a great dinner, laughing, and continues to gain ground and be more like herself. Your prayers and love mean so much.
Rich
Holy cow...I just barely went to your blog to get my Henderson update and had NO IDEA that Erika went in for BRAIN SURGERY. Wow! I am so so so glad to hear things are going well and that she is recovering. Please give her our best and know we will be thinking of you.
ReplyDeletelove, the Peterson's
Erika, you do look beautiful in your silky PJ's! Parker said a lovely prayer for you today. And that is something seeing as he will hardly ever say one without a bit of coaxing (besides throwing in "and we're thankful for Christmas" all year long.) :) I think you will find it humorous that I tried to make Jasmine rice today but unlike yours, mine turned out like a giant mush ball. I have no idea where I went wrong. I will have to consult you on this at a later date when you are feeling terrific and have been home for a very long time.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work!!! We enjoyed your post and Rich's post and think of you often and hope you get to go home very soon! Thanks for doing such a great job keeping us all posted Rich!
mmmmm... jasmine rice
ReplyDeleteErika is such a good sport letting me take her picture and posting her own thoughts.