I also have noticed that our blog has majorly increased in hits and new visitors! Hello everyone! If you are one of the sweet people that have brought meals, watched our children, or generally been so thoughtful and prayerful - THANK YOU! (if any of our "linked" friends need more privacy, just let me know and I'll remove your link discreetly) **Also, I did make sure that comments allowed anonymous posting. Just click the anonymous option on the posting page.Two Updates:
The Honest Truth: These medications have the interesting characteristic of allowing Erika to say exactly what she might want to say, but unfiltered. So, if you ever wanted to know what she really thinks of you - now is the time! I've been privileged to find out the honest truth several times over the last week and it has been very illuminating.... :)
The Tumor: Just a bit of terminology update as I have learned more. Any type of abnormal cellular growth or clustering is generally called a lesion or a tumor. So, it is accurate to say that Erika did have a brain tumor. Thankfully, the pathology showed that the tumor was not cancerous, and was classified as a slow-growing (benign) tumor. Even more thankfully, because this tumor appears to be one that has existed since birth, and because no other abnormal growths showed up on any of the brain scans - it is unlikely that Erika will ever have any more brain tumors like this. Hooray!!
We are doing okay. My niece Jordan (Rob and Teresa's daughter) is staying with us for a few days and has been a HUGE help since Aimee left for Utah on Sunday. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures of Aimee with us while she was here. THANK YOU AIMEE! You were a real life saver. Our parents have continued to be huge pillars of support as well.My favorite time of day these days is when all the kids are asleep and Erika and I can just lie in bed, visiting quietly and holding hands or snuggling. It's just an enormous comfort to have her near and safe.
I am so glad to hear that you are all doing better. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for any of you and give my love to Erika.
ReplyDeleteHi fam!! I miss you all so much already. Coming back to school is much less fun then gettin to be with a baby all day. You can ask Russ I am on another baby kick!! Oh well. Love you hope all is well
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post. We are so glad she is home and safe too. And way to go super dad surviving church with 3! I'll have to remember these medications if I ever need to use the truth syrum on Greg. hahaha Just kiddin' :)
ReplyDeleteHi Rich, I am glad you are getting back in the swing of things. We are very happy. -Carine
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure that one of the reasons we're supposed to be married before we have kids is so that we have back-up during church. Good for you for surviving! I'm coming to town soon and I'm bringing a casserole.
ReplyDeleteHey Richie and Erika,
ReplyDeleteI am sooo happy to hear about your recovery, and that the tumor was just extra brain matter. It actually explains a lot about your (Erika) level of intelligence. Too much brain, huh? Well, I'm thinking now I might have a chance to be half as intelligent as you. Watch yourself at the next family trivia game.
Love you guys,
-Randall
We love you guys! We're so excited that things are going well. Kudos to Rich for attempting church. It can be difficult with two parents at times! Truth syrum! That's awesome...or scary. We love your updates!
ReplyDeleteI guess it's been awhile since I've seen Miles because when I saw him yesterday at church I was floored with how grown up he looks! And of course Erika looked Fabulous. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sure she'll heal much faster at home than she would in an icky hospital!!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that everyones doing good.
Rich, what a sport you are braving church with 3 little ones...Wow, Dad-of-the-Year!!!
What a blessing that you guys live so close to family. It sounds like they have been such a great support system for both you and Erika.
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIKA!!!!
ReplyDelete