
I think thanks go out to Uncle Russ for his excellent use of the exclamation: What the? Even though Aimee and Russ have been out in Utah for nearly 4 months now, Regan has been saving this particular expression for sensitive silent moments in church, public areas, or anywhere else that catches her off guard. She really has brilliant comedic timing. What the?
Thanksgiving was a blast at our house. We decided on Sunday night at dinner that we hated the yellow in our kitchen and that we would repaint it before we had our Thanksgiving meal on Thursday. Nothing like a little time pressure to get a job done! So, I patched up all the drywall spots and had to mud over some seams in the old
wallpaper, etc. On Monday night, I sand down all the drywall plaster to get a nice smooth surface. (Dust flying everywhere, good kitchen prep for cooking)Erika, *bless her heart*, offers to help me wipe down the walls to get a clean painting surface. So, we got a few damp rags and were wiping down the walls to get the dust off.
Everything seems to be going smoothly when Erika turns to me and asks - "So, are we just trying to wipe off the white stuff?" The shock and panic on my face was enough to catch her mid-sentence and after a few seconds we both burst out laughing. After which, I explained that the "white stuff" was the drywall plaster that I had carefully applied for several hours on Saturday and had just sanded down.
Inhaling copious quantities in the process. Simply golden Erika. Thanks for the help.Erika's Aunt April came and ate with us on Thursday. Her and Erika (and Aydan!) did the 5 am Black Friday madness run. We had the great opportunity to meet Bud's fiancee Gwen's family and her daughter and friend.

We blew and raked leaves twice over the weekend, causing insane amounts of fun and great photos.
Enjoy and we wish you all the happiest of Holidays. We are so very blessed and thankful.
Rich

Rich and Erika, love your blog, super excited to see you soon
ReplyDeletewow, house projects the day before Thanksgiving - you guys are definitely brave! I am sure your kitchen now looks even better, it always looked great to me. you did a wonderful job on that rehab.
ReplyDeleteI loved the pictures of Regan in the leaves!
Erika you looked gorgeous in that top picture Seriously the hair is adoarable!! We miss you guys so much. The letter and pics were absolutely wonderful!! We cannot wait to see you!!! I will be there from the 19th all the way to the 30 "what the!!" Oh that little sassy girl of yours! Give them my kisses!
ReplyDeleteHi guys, your posts have me rolling. We stole Russ and Aimee from you so we can develop Ava's vocab with some Russ-isms. With his new XBox, Ava will soon be saying, "I pwned (owned) you, noob!"
ReplyDeleteThanks guys. The yellow just wasnt' working out.
ReplyDeleteThat picture of Regan is probably one of my favorite picture I've ever taken. Good color balance, and the smile, and the blue eyes!
The kids need their Aimee Russ time. Are you guys staying at the Bodhaines?
Hey Rich! It's Aimee. We are gonna stay at my parents. I get to stay a bit longer than Russ so that works out well for me. We will be close and are excited to spend time with you!! Yeah
ReplyDeleteHi Aimee- We're so excited to see you! Regan is especially thrilled to have you come back for a bit! Thanks for the compliment on the hair-I feel liberated!
ReplyDeleteHA! Connor says "What The" all the time! Usually at the top of his lungs. My favorite is when he says "For the Love" it's just so adorable (insert sarcasm here).
ReplyDelete