Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Back to School and Birthdays

I've recently discovered the joys and pleasures of shopping with my three kids as we prepare for school to start. We've been out and about plenty lately and it seems that everywhere I go folks stop me in my harried tracks and find it necessary to remark on how my hands must be really full. I've been racking my brain: could it have been the spit up on my shirt, that I probably didn't look like I'd had a shower (which I'm sure I hadn't), or the 3 year old trying to climb on top of the truck cart at BJ's? I've decided that I'm going solo when shopping- good luck with the kids Rich!

We recently celebrated Regan's 3rd birthday- here are some photos of the girls trying out some of the birthday gifts:












This photo needs no explanation-
typical Regan mode.

Regan now has a bike that isn't reminiscent of a Barnum and Bailey
circus bike- she had definitely outgrown her other one!

This ball was broken within 20 minutes of Rich blowing it
up (with a tiny tube and lots of hot air...)

From our "Out of the Mouths of Babes" column:
Regan recently came running into the kitchen where I was and announced "the Holy Ghost is telling me that I need to go potty!" It was all I could do to get her there with a straight face....

3 comments:

  1. Why do total strangers feel the need to point out how chaotic it is shopping with all of your kids? Do they really think these comments are funny? I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People are pretty ridiculous, but if anyone ever says that stuff to me I always laugh and say "you know what? You're totally right!! Isn't it great?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika, cute post! You probably stand out with 3 kids in Raleigh. Here in UT everybody averages like 4 kids :). But still... none of their business.

    I loved the photos of the girls!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: comments will be moderated and approved before being posted.