Monday, June 10, 2013

It's Summertime!

I'm sitting here writing and I can hardly wrap my head around the fact that it is almost halfway through June. I just got Miles's kindergarten registration papers in the mail. Sniff. I had a good mama weepy moment over that one. Aydan asked me why I was sad about it.....someday she'll understand. Like when she sends her little guy off into the big, bad world. Oh boy....

June has been fun! We've gotten a new pet rabbit. Well, the girls got a pet rabbit. They named him Clover. Cute. But I call him Radar becuause he just sits in his cage with one ear straight up in the air listening. And listening some more. Probably for the danger that lurks in this house. Like little boys.



We also got two hermit crabs, but I don't really have a  better picture than the guy scooping them out for the boys. They're just plain ugly. We managed to lose one after having it here for about an hour. One hour!! And then it was gone for many, many days. Yikes. I expected to smell the hermit crab before I found it again. Then, after about a week it came limping down the stairs sans shell. That is one ugly critter. Yuck. We had to buy another shell and have a talk about not leaving the hermit crabs unattended and sadly forgotten about again.

I can tell that we're going to be great pet parents already...









2 comments:

  1. That bunny is too cute! I also feel so sad about limpy the hermit crab. I didn't know you could buy a new shell for them. Can't believe June is alomst done either!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Limpy-maybe that's what we should name the hermit crab that couldn't die! See you next week at book club! I guess that I'd better get to reading....

      Delete

Please note: comments will be moderated and approved before being posted.