Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Basketball and secret prayers
As Erika mentioned, Aydan is playing basketball with the 8-9 girls in Cary, and I am coaching her team. The girls are so much fun to coach and tonight was one of those great moments when everything came together. Several of the things from practices gelled tonight with switching on defense, hustle, finishing layups, and successful passing. We won the game, and to top it off, Aydan scored her first basket of the season! I was so ecstatic when the shot went in that I'm sure I jumped up and yelled. :) She was fouled on the shot, and tried a great free throw, but it missed.
So, I shared this on Facebook, but I wanted to share it on here as well. On the way out of basketball practice last night for Aydan, Regan knelt down on the sidewalk while we were walking out to the car, folded her arms, bowed her head and started praying. After she was done I held her hand and quietly asked her what she was praying about - she said the other... players and their families. What a beautiful child!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Such a great story about Regan! What an awesome picture too! Also, way to go Coach Dad and Aydan!!
ReplyDeleteyou ARE such a great dad, Rich!! Good job!
ReplyDeleteAwwwe!! That is so sweet. What a little angel!
ReplyDeleteAnd nice coaching Dad!! Congrats Aydan!