Friday, April 24, 2009

Project!

Ah, school projects. They come up so quickly and there seems to be so many other things to do besides actually do them when you think of them. So they get put off until late Sunday night. Poor Aydan just had her first late night project- and she's only in 2nd grade! It was at 10:30 that I remembered the huge project that Aydan needed to complete (okay, begin). It was due on Monday morning! After a mini panic attack-I couldn't scar my child by not turning the project in on time! Rich and I jumped out of bed and ran downstairs to wake up Aydan and get started on her project. About 10 minutes later, we finally succeeded in waking her up, and ran her upstairs so that she could begin work on the project. She had the sewing machine going making blankets for her Princess and the Pea project, stuffing batting, and covering things in the strings left behind by hot glue. I do have to say that the Princess's bed looked great when we (I mean she) finished. When she took it to school the next morning, the first thing she told her teacher was that her parents had woken her up in the middle of the night to do her project and that she had gotten to bed at 12:30. Mother of the year....

5 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at this! Beth and I regularly do her homework in the twenty minutes before the bus comes. The assignments don't take more than five minutes, and she is usually done with doing schoolwork for the day.

    Rob regularly brings up the fact that bad habits shouldn't start so young. But when I was in school I did my homework right when I got home. He did his at school, the period before it was due. So where's she getting her habits?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! I'm not looking forward to that day. Oh, and I'm impressed with A's sweet sewing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! Oh, man! Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I am sure this will happen to us too before it is all over. Whew! I am not looking forward to that either.

    Kudos to you guys for waking up the sleeping Aydan and getting it done together!! I bet this is going to be a good memory in the years to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I substituted a 2nd grade class the day they had their fairy tale museum tour of all the classrooms. I think I actually remember the Princess and the Pea with stack of tiny blankets. I wish I'd thought to look specifically for hers/yours.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: comments will be moderated and approved before being posted.