Thursday, June 5, 2008
One Small Step for Man; One Giant Step for Mankind
During my "getting well experience," my driver's license expired and so I had to go and renew it. Little did I know but you have to take the road test and get a note from the doc when you have had seizures in the past year. I really considered lying so as to avoid the road test, but in the end I told the truth! Normally you just have to take the little sign test and get your picture taken and be done with it, but no, there is no normal with this! There I am with 2 kids and I have to drive in the car with some DMV gal. Eek. I haven't done any of this since I was about 16....Long story short, Rich rescued me and sat with the kids while I drove around Cary with the sweet lady from the DMV. An hour later, I had a valid driver's license- hooray! I would have included a picture (I'm that excited to be able to drive), but it is a driver's license so it's not so gorgeous. In the words of astronaut Neil Armstrong, "that's one small step for man; one giant step for mankind."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You may have an extra scoop of ice cream on the Lindsays for successfully passing your driving test.
ReplyDeleteHip, Hip, Hooray!
Blooger high-five, Erika! Thanks for giving me one more thing to appreciate. :) You're awesome!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOops, that was me. I was signed in as my Mom. I've been helping her start a blog...
ReplyDeleteWow, this post brought back some memories of driving with the DMV person! Way to go passing it again!!
And what's up with those DMV cameras? I think they must use a special lense to make everyone look terrible. ( I know mine do!) I had a teenager in a store say to me "This is you?" HAHAHA - Not sure what that meant but I just said "Um, yeah."
Yeah!!! That is awesome. I thought about the worst scenario that could happen to you (like all three kids screaming in the background and you failing the drivers test) but realized, Nah that wouldn't happen to Erika. Whew, good thing it went by smoothly.
ReplyDeleteJill
Awesome--congrats!! I sure wouldn't want to take that thing ever again--good for you!!
ReplyDeleteHey! It was good to see you guys at Conference. Erika, I didn't get a chance to say "hi". One of us seemed to be busy with kids most of the time - imagine that! But, you looked glowing and beautiful. You both look the same as you did 10 years ago! Hope to see you again soon!
ReplyDelete