Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Neurosurgeon Visit



Hi everyone!

We went to see Dr. Friedman at Duke yesterday for Erika's 6 week checkup. She is doing great! The MRI was reviewed, and Erika was given a brief neuro exam, and then Dr. Friedman basically says, "I'm giving you a clean bill of health, see you in one year." YEAH!! He said he wants to remove all restrictions and let Erika continue normal activities.


Brain Scans are cool...


Of course, she still has to put up with the medication for the seizures. We are going to continue to wean off the Lyrica medication, but Erika will likely continue on the Keppra for the forseeable future. They are worried that a sudden decrease in medication might incite a seizure, so they are going to take it very cautiously. So far so good though in the Lyrica reduction. No seizures have been seen, and Erika should be able to drive in another month if everything continues smoothly.

In other news, May is looking to be exciting with Regan having a dance recital and Aydan with a piano recital. We bought a family membership to the Zoo and have been twice recently. Last week, spring was clearly in session. There were several rather bawdy and raucous photos that I seriously considered posting, but I couldn't get the Baboons or the Elephants to sign the photo usage forms. Yikes!

Some great recent "Aydan and Reganisms":

"My mommy is a PlayBunny" (Regan)

"Is Daddy with his girlfriend?" (Aydan referring to Rich's new Smartphone, aptly named Lola)

8 comments:

  1. Congrats Erika!

    I love that Rich named his phone Lola. That is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool brain pictures! I'm glad you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is excellent to hear!! I freaked out a little when I saw how huge your man baby is getting!! I was just there! Make him stop growing! AH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Erika! Keep it up! I love the kid quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright Erika!
    We are all so happy to hear that you are doing so well. Troy's mom was just asking about you yesterday. We hope you continue to do well. You have a lot of people who care about you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cara: What a beautiful cranium you have Erika!!
    Erika: Thank you, The better to use my mind powers with!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: comments will be moderated and approved before being posted.