I hope that most of you have already heard this, so that you aren't hearing this for the first time on our blog.
A few weeks ago, Erika went in for an MRI for some symptoms related to numbness and tingling on the left side of her body. (face, arms, hand) Everything turned out normal related to those symptoms, but they did find a small lesion on the left side of Erika's brain. The neurosurgeon is describing it as a small tumor, and it is about 1 cm in size. We prayed about our options, and decided to follow the neurosurgeon's recommendation that we have it removed.
So, Erika goes in for pre-op tomorrow at Duke and the surgery is on Thursday. I'll update the blog regularly as best as I can as long as I can find some Internet access. We are very humbled and grateful for all of your continued inquiries, fasting, thoughts, and prayers.
Rich
Your family is in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteGood luck! We'll be waiting for updates.
WE LOVE YOU!!!